Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #1

Sun set at home
Lens: DA 16-45 Camera: k-r Photo Location: Cranbourne South, Australia ISO: 400 Aperture: F11 

This is first somewhat successful go at blending two images together, the first few times were terrible. I always thought it was a quick process and that Photoshop did most of the work, there is a lot more skill involved than I had first realized.
Let me know how you think I've done with the processing and also the composition.
Thanks

Full size image here: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9n9tA_-tTyIInjob88jEBNMTjNZETYmyPJy0li...eat=directlink

Here are the two images it is made from:

and

01-31-2012, 03:55 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Never having tried that technique, I can offer no criticism of your work in this regard. In fact I think you have done well to reclaim so many elements which were lost in the originals. With regards to composition again I think it is quite good with the bare tree providing a balance for the darkness on the right hand side of the frame. If anything I would give a very slight crop to the left hand side so that the tree line does not drop suddenly.
01-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The brighter of the two images doesn't appear to have much lost detail in the highlights. A careful shadow/highlight adjustment and toying with the curves may have achieved a similar result without the harsh break between the foreground grass and the dark treeline ( it appears that is where you did the blend).

As for the composition, I may have cropped out the tree on the right, as it is a bit distracting.
01-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the second shot the most. Just crop out the tree all the way on the right

01-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice, I'll have a go at cropping the right and left a bit.
Cheers