Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-05-2012, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
High Country Dreamscape
Lens: Takumar 135mm F3.5 Preset Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: Northern Colorado ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F11 

Thought I'd post this here for critique. This is a shot I made yesturday while hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. The day was very overcast with clouds/fog and snowy skies. I liked how the light was trying to come through the clouds on this late in the day shot. Some PP was done to make it look how it looked at the time the photo was taken.

It was almost a surreal evening in the high country.

02-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice pic. I checked out the whole series somewhere on this vast internet, I think.

A very nice composition, I just wish we had the whole tree on the right. I love to see telephoto landscapes, the compression of the scene really draws me past the tree and into the background.

I do think it is a fair bit too dark. My brain wants snow to be white, not grey. The sun shining thru and reflecting on the hill (middle left) is nice, but keeping that from clipping just leaves the rest of the scene too dark for my taste. Not sure what you use for post processing - I'd push the exposure until the sun just starts to clip, then boost the midtones to get the snow a bit whiter. If you have the RAW file, even better.