Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
First HDR Attempt

Here is my first try at an HDR shot, this was merged from five shots incremented by 1/3 stops. I didn't really touch this up much, just let PS do its thing, then adjusted my tonal curve in LR. I can take your criticism, let me know what you really think.

ETA: I guess I should post the picture too

Last edited by travis_cooper; 01-05-2008 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Added picture link
01-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

lightened...

Travis,

I like the shot but it seems alittle dark for me.. I think if the mountains in the background were alittle lighter and had more detail it would be better.

Kim
01-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Travis,

I like the shot but it seems alittle dark for me.. I think if the mountains in the background were alittle lighter and had more detail it would be better.

Kim
I agree, I was actually hoping the clouds would have cleared by the time I was done shooting yesterday, but they were only partly gone by the time I called it a day, this was at the very end of my travels. As part of the clouds were finally starting to get some sunlight, the darker mountains still had a lot of cloud coverage. I think this is actually pretty close to how I saw it when I shot it, so I think for my first HDR attempt it wasn't too bad. I will get better as I play more, hopefully.
02-01-2008, 04:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

This would be a great shot if there is less shadow within the frame.

I guess one way to rescue is to select the shadow area and use adjustment curve to recover some details and colour.

The other way is to go to highlight/shadow adjustment to reduce the gap of light difference.