Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #16

Original Poster
Haha you're both right... the boots do look out of place, but it's only through making these mistakes and having people like yourselves pull me up on it, I can learn to spot them while I'm down on the shot.

Here's a final one, with some leg

03-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Ahaha

A lot better angle . All in all, a good effort. Cant wait to see your next photoshoot.
03-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #18
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed - though again, more engaging poses, including some interacting with the camera/photographer would be a great improvement.
03-15-2012, 04:16 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Agreed - though again, more engaging poses, including some interacting with the camera/photographer would be a great improvement.
Hi Ash

Not always, there are occasions where the subject is in a somber or pensive mood (for whatever reason) and eye contact with the lens is undesirable. A portrait of a subject yearningly looking past the lens towards the horizon tells a story that cannot be conveyed any other way. There are many reasons why eye contact with the lens is not ideal. So I think eye contact or not entirely depends on the situation. Sometimes the best pictures can be had where (even in portraiture) one has the feeling the subject totally ignored the camera and the person behind it. There are no hard and fast rules.

Greetings

03-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #20

darkhallsredfloors, I think the third image (post #16) is my favorite of the set. The tracks and the dejected look on her face say something.

However, one problem has to do with lighting. The light on her back is brighter than the light on her face, which in this case is sort of unappealing.
Fortunately, the shadows on her face are not that severe, so you could just lighten in post if you wanted to.
Alternatively, you could also darken the brighter parts of her skin to even it out a bit.
Just my two cents.
03-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty good attempts from a technical point of view, but all in all the shots don't work for me.

Looking at the series I keep asking myself: Why would a beautiful girl in a nice dress and high-heels and apparently not in suicidal mood rest on a (hopefully abandoned) rail track?
To me it is not clear what was your intention with these shots.

The fact that several people mentioned your signature may tell you that it is catching possibly to much attention ... at least it is for me it is distracting.