Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Different views and different approach
Lens: Sigma 70-200 / 2,8 Camera: Pentax K10D Photo Location: Velenje;Slovenia ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F2.8 

Different views and different approach to things around us?

04-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Accidental shutter actuation? My first response. Sorry it just doesn't do anything for me...Cliff
04-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I also find this image difficult to appreciate. The apparent subject is shoved to the right of the frame and the composition as is offers little else to concentrate our attention to. What was your intent in photographing this image? What idea did you want to portray?
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Ash,
your thinking is at the beginning of just such as I imagined. Viewer quickly draw the color intensity and contrast. The following "serious" stage of the analysis meets with almost all the rules in photography that are not carried by "prescribed" norms: An illegal diagonal, uninteresting crop that frames the empty space with no point of interest, etc. As an eternal rebel, I wanted to turn the photographing attention to all the illogical ways of thinking imposed on us!
I attach two photos that somewhat respect "rules"?
greeting

Name:  1 E.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  Cerve + Italy 2.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  67.0 KB

04-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I, for one, like the image. Its voluntary unbalanced composition makes it dynamic, and the contrast between the square human construction and the circular spiderweb is interesting. Maybe you could have included more of the spderweb and cropped the image square, I'm not sure about that. I also don't think the title works
04-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #6

I actually like this shot a lot too! I think the unusual lines almost makes me 'fall into the web,' which is pretty cool for spider webs that's supposed to be a trap.

=)
04-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It has clean delineations and does make for a point of interest - it just has to compel the viewer to want to look deeper into the image to appreciate the subject more, which in this case is interesting enough, only disconcertingly awkward. But certainly different! And it will appeal to viewers quite differently also given its more unique composition.

04-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery
I like the dynamic between the screwheads and the centre of the web, this also mirrors the triangle of the frame. Nice one!