Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Forum Member

How Did I Do?
Lens: Sears 60-300mm Camera: Pentax K-R Photo Location: Somewhere in Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F4 

04-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Try not to post images larger than 1000 pixels on the longest side, it makes viewing them very difficult. I think if you had used a higher aperture around f11 more of the imges would be in focus, they seem soft, like the colors of the shot's though.
04-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by snappychappy Quote
Try not to post images larger than 1000 pixels on the longest side, it makes viewing them very difficult. I think if you had used a higher aperture around f11 more of the imges would be in focus, they seem soft, like the colors of the shot's though.
I honestly think the softness may be my low quality lens.

As for the size, what browser are you using? When I view this forum page the images are re-sized to fit the forum width and are only full size if I click on them.
04-12-2012, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Numbers and letters are all crisp and in focus.

Colors and shapes in background distracting.

04-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You did great at blowing out my left eye and making my right one spin like a top! Why not re-post at a smaller size?
Regards!
04-12-2012, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #6

The images fill my screen - don't need to scroll around to see them. I do find the writing distracting though, and it interferes with seeing any details in the photos.

I'm a sucker for flower shots - especially at this time of year when I'm waiting to see some! Do you have a name for the first ones? I have seen something similar in blue.

Thanks for sharing.
04-13-2012, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The first one is quite a nice capture - I'd consider a crop that moves the main stem to the right of center, and leaves open space up and left of the open blossom.

The second suffers from perhaps too much depth of field, which has left a distracting background. Also, the bright out-of-focus blossom behind the butterfly is fighting for attention - if you were able to go back in time and move the camera 6" to the right to put the butterfly in front of contrasting green foliage, you'd be better off.

04-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snappychappy Quote
Try not to post images larger than 1000 pixels on the longest side, it makes viewing them very difficult.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Why not re-post at a smaller size?
The forum is supposed to automatically scale them now, but you can also set it in your profiles. Under Edit Options, in the Thread Display Options section, check that you don't have a 0 set for width. The default is 1024, which as I said, should be automatic, unless you at some point overrode it in these settings.