Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Wild flowers
Lens: Sears 70-210 Camera: K-R 

Wild flowers in the back yard. The purple flowers are smaller than a dime.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
04-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hm, the subject is very isolated, both with sharpness, as well as colour and contrast. A lot of negative space, dotted with a chaotic pattern of little flowers. I like it, its somehow very natural and reminds me of the woods. #2 is the most generically structured, but #3 is my favourite of these.
04-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the sharpness of the purple flowers in image 2. Those flowers seem to be in much sharper focus than any of the purple flowers in image 3 and perhaps in slightly sharper focus than the yellow flower and insect in image 1.
I think image 2 might be even more appealing if the long, narrow leaf which extends from the left to the center of the image was darkened or removed. I think that would add impact to the purple flowers.
Another possibility for that image: Crop dramatically from the bottom and also significantly from the right, thereby further emphasizing the small purple flowers glowing in the darkness.
Best wishes, and I look forward to seeing more of your photos.
04-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you Na Horuk and Smf for the comments. Na Horuk, I was surprised how the flowers came out isolated, as there was some light around, but exposing for the flower darkened out the background. I like the sharpness of the flower #2 image, but image#3 is my favorite too. Smf, I will try to remove the green leaf as you suggested and see how it comes. Thanks again guys for the encouragement.