Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not very good with processing landscape/street. Need help
Lens: FA31mm Camera: K-5 

It appears I am having trouble processing landscape shots in general and landscape/street photography.

I have gotten the photos to (what I believe) an usable state. But I am stuck and with no idea how to process any further.

Take a look; appreciate any suggestion.

05-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
quick comments:

1. dying for a good B&W conversion imo
2. nothing going on to me.... nothing of interest. PP won't help much.
3. have you processed this as an HDR? i can see a big halo over the hills... again i'd try B&W and see what you come up with.....

hope this is a starting point.....
05-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Pentaxian

The distant buildings look washed out and hazy in #1 and #3. This is a common issue especially due to the humidity over water. Selectively increasing the contrast and saturation can restore colors ... but may not be a good idea for these photos:

I like #1 as is. The interest is the foreground. There's interesting color in the foreground, and the greyish background works well. If the background was bright and punchy then the adults' heads would be lost in the background.

The background colors in photo #3 look off somehow. The reds and greens in the buildings IMO look artificial but I don't know how they look in person. Maybe try adjusting the background brightness/contrast/saturation, or as imaspy said try B&W conversion.