Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Young Kids having fun B&W
Lens: Sigma 17-70 Camera: istDS Photo Location: US 

I wonder what you thing of the B&W results from this shots.

05-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure, rm2, if the B&W actually enhances them or not; I guess only you can tell, having seen the scene and the original potographs. I find the netting really distracting, but that would probably be true whether it was in colour or B&W. Did you think the photos worked better in B&W? Did you actually capture them in B&W? I rarely have done B&W but one of the other members of the Forum suggested to me that I should try it on one of my photos that I posted and I was pleased with the result. I guess we just have to go with what we think works. In any case, the kids look great!
05-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
rm2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The color ones are nice too (and I am sure some people would prefer them). But, in this case, I think the black and white helps. There is too much going on in the color version in my opinion.

05-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rm2 Quote
The color ones are nice too (and I am sure some people would prefer them). But, in this case, I think the black and white helps. There is too much going on in the color version in my opinion.
But young kids at play is all about having too much going on at once, and even more so in a bouncy castle. So I'd vote for the color, at least for this one image.

05-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I prefer the color over the BW, but I would crop the top off of most of them - just have the net without the orange at the top.