Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Portrait
Lens: Tamron 28 - 75 Camera: K7 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F3.2 

Another go at portraits, harsh not sugar coated comments are very much welcomed.

05-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pleasant portrait of a photogenic model. Lighting is the biggest consideration here. Controlling it more with supplemental portable off-camera flash would do well to bring more life and texture to the image.
05-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks ash. In the near future(When I get some money) I would indeed invest on some lighting equips. This was just a 3min impromptu "photo-shoot".
05-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Lovely girl, and I like the pose. Just a little dark as noted. I used Light Machine, a plug-on for PSE that does a good job of relighting in a selective and controllable manner, and it looked great to my eyes. You might try it. The colors and skin tones you captured are excellent.

Just reporting what I see.....keep in mind I am mostly an old Squirrel shooter........

Regards!

05-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Lovely girl, and I like the pose. Just a little dark as noted. I used Light Machine, a plug-on for PSE that does a good job of relighting in a selective and controllable manner, and it looked great to my eyes. You might try it. The colors and skin tones you captured are excellent.

Just reporting what I see.....keep in mind I am mostly an old Squirrel shooter........

Regards!
Hi

First time I hear someone using Light Machine. I have been using it for many years and it has saved my bacon many, many times. It is a must have and so is the FocalBlade plugin available by the same software people.

Greetngs
05-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Regards!
Thank you (: I'll try to get it and give it a try. Also I was wondering, what does PSE stands for? Photoshop elements? I don't really have any good editing softwares, I use this monkey website and gimp to adjust the colors and stuff, nothing major(It only does jpeg), I'm really looking to invest on a good software that can process raw, so I have more flexibility in changing some stuff, would you happen to have any suggestions?
05-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gimp can be tweaked to handle RAW using UFRAW plugin (and there are others to help with editing the images). I have used GIMP for other projects but haven't gotten into it for handling my images yet.
I use FastStone for 99% of the work I do. Also a free program.

05-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Awesome! Thanks for the tip (:!
« Red | Lightning »