Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Experimental 'scapes
Lens: Industar-50 50mm F3.5 Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Szczecin Aperture: F8 

I've made a walk with Industar 50-2 to test this little beast. Shots I've made are a bit unusual...

1/500s || ISO 80

1/45s || ISO 560

As always, I'll be glad to read your comments.

06-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #2
ASa

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At first glance the first one doesn't seem too god, but when I scrolled all the way down, and stopped for a while, there was something that appealed to me. When I look at it more, I notice the parallel lines of the sun and it's reflection, and on the other hand the rails. Now I only wish the rails were quite a bit brighter, to compensate the extreme brightness of the sun. I like how you've captured the rails at the bend where they turn and disappear from the image. There's also a nice geometric fell in the overall image. So overall it could use a bit of work to make it even better, but somehow I find it interesting as is.
The second one is interesting as well, I had to stop for a bit longer to understand how this shot was made. It is a nice and interesting shot, but there's maybe a bit too much to distract sight from the real subject. Actually I'm not sure what the subject is. There's the cyclist, the leaves, the reflecting leaves and clouds, the brighter spot on the right and so on. I don't know where to stop. It's an interesting capture, but the composition could use a bit of work as my eyes keep wandering around the image.
06-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for a comment.
In the first picture, I wanted to make a high contrast between land and river & sky. Oh, and those aren't rails - it's a sidewalk under construction.
As for the second - indeed, there's quite a mess in here. And so, there's no real, single subject.