Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Droplet On A Branch
Lens: MC Helios 44K-4 + Raynox DCR-150 Camera: Pentax K-5 ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F5.6 

A shot I've made today.
I tend to make my pictures have high contrast. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not overdoing it. What can you say about this example?

07-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi. The droplet itself is excellent. Nice and bright and it shows a whole world inside. I would like to see more of that if possible also crop to remove the white patch on the left.
07-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #3
ASa

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think you're overdoing the contrast, but I'm more disturbed by the leaf on the center of the frame partially in focus. Also, as mentioned, an even tighter crop would maybe be even neater.
07-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you for your critique.
I've made other variants of this shots, some of them with much tighter composition. However, I found this one most appealing - seems like some space on the left side adds balance to the whole.
I agree about this patch on the left - it's a cut-down bokehly thingie. I should clone it.
As for the leaf - I like how it pops in front. However, the fact that it's front side isn't wholly in focus may disturb a bit.