Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-09-2012, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #1

Burst!
Lens: DA 1:28 35mm Macro Ltd. Camera: K20D Photo Location: Japan ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F3.5 

First shot with my newly acquired lens...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
07-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
wow what great colors!
The only thing I would do different is use a smaller F stop so you can get all of the centre sharp

well done!

randy
07-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
wow what great colors!
The only thing I would do different is use a smaller F stop so you can get all of the centre sharp

well done!

randy
Thank you! I thought the same thing. Unfortunately my K20D had a broken LCD at the time so I was semi-shooting blind. Since then, I have started pulling out my old Asahi Pentax SL so I can get back to not relying so much on the camera.....
07-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a nice photo.

I agree that a larger area of sharpness in the big bloom would be nice. But the selective focus in this case is appealing.

You might want to try cropping enough from the left to eliminate the big, dark, spent bloom (or whatever it is) that's at approximately the 8 o'clock position from the big bloom.

Alternatively, when you were capturing the image, you might have depressed the stem of that big, dark, faded bloom enough to get it out of the frame. (I sometimes remember to do things like that.) A Plamp or similar tool can be helpful in such cases.

I hope to see more of your photographs, and I hope you enjoy lyour lens.

07-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like the selective focus, but I think it would have worked better if the far side of the center were focused, rather than the near so the eye would be drawn into the flower. That's largely a matter of taste and personal preference.
The only real issue is the classic "put the subject right smack in the middle of the picture" error. There isn't much you can do about that in PP with this one without loosing the 3:2 aspect ratio.