Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2012, 02:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
650-20
Lens: Tamton 18-250/3,5-6,3 Camera: Pentax K10D Photo Location: Norway ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F4.5 

650 m - 20 m!
First is the height of the waterfall to point the camera and the other is the difference in height of the camera to the level of water in the fjord!

07-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful scene. I seem to see haze or flare "softening" the image, kind of lowering the contrast, maybe shifting the color somewhat blue. Was the sky hazy?
Thanks for sharing.
07-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi,
right mindset, but! Huge amounts of water droplets in the air, a breeze of cold air caused by falling down, preventing clear and contrastive shot! The same motif was fired from "reasonable" within a completely clean image, which needs to be croped. Best solution would be better, increase the ISO, exposed and close the aperture to 8 or even more!
Thanks for your attention.
greeting
PS. The sky was covered with high (low) clouds.
07-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Wow, where in Norway? Pretty place!
The angle of the sun has given you some flare, & maybe desaturated your colour a bit. I don't know what direction you were facing, but it might be better with the sun at a different angle, behind the camera more... alternately you could use a lens hood to keep the sun off the lens, or if you haven't got one, just hold your hand or a hat or something, up to shade it (make sure it's not in the photo )
Did you use a tripod? It might be my monitor, but I'm not sure it's quite tack-sharp. Could be a combination of the wide aperture & slow shutter speed. The 1/45 has made the moving water just a bit misty which is nice, but I'm not quite sure about sharpness otherwise. Or maybe it's that flare softening things.
For a different effect you could try an exposure of a second or so, for some really misty water.

07-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Welcomed Alliecat,
Add another photo shot with the WG-1 GPS. I'm not sure you see the EXIF (I do not know what is the transfer of data when using the Manage Attachments). In short, the location is Langfossen waterfall on the south-west Norway (beautiful)! As for flare, it is sometimes very necessary! For example, when a flare direct view of the most important part of the composition and the like!
Incoming light is coming from the south-east fjord, and I wanted to avoid it because of the emphasis falling white water?
I agree with you to make the photos any more additional work.
greeting

Name:  Langfossen.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  109.3 KB