Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hong Kong Time lapse test
Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Hong Kong 

howdy folks here is an image from my trip to Hong Kong. be sure to check in for more shortly.

here is a time lapse test video i recently made, just begining to scratch the surface of using LRTimelapse and Lightroom

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
09-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good job on the video and that one works well as a still also. The tilt is a little disorienting.

#3 has loads of visual interest but suffers from cutting off the people in the street. Would have been another good subject for a longer exposure, to give some motion blur to reinforce the sense of frenzied dynamic activity.

I like #2 best, futuristic, nice perspective, limited yet emphatic color palette. The blurred clouds make it even more dynamic.
09-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Vimeo doesn't work on this old computer, but I like these still shots. Great colours. You have a couple of half-heads in #3 but otherwise I don't mind that the people are all down in a corner -- kind of emphasizes that they are lost in the neon-overload of big-city signage. I also think the effect in #2 conveys a slightly dizzying sense of being lost among the skyscrapers & feeling very small, which is quite effective. The luminous colours in #1 make it look almost like a CGI'd fantasy city... cool.
09-10-2012, 05:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ah, my home town. Good to see it again!

Number 1 is a good if common scene of HK. You were very lucky with the weather. I would suggest correcting the diverging verticals in this picture.

2 is my favourite. I'm amazed you were able to put up a tripod and no one bumped into it on what appears to be Queen's Road. Great futuristic look, the strong blues look great.

3 is alright. Not really any focal point but I guess that's not the point. I'd agree that it would be better with entire people at the base of the photo, but perhaps you couldn't go any wider.