Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The View on the path

I have done many photo's of this area and do enjoy going there a lot since its a nice place to rest ,walk and enjoy Life:
comments welcome good bad or in-different

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
10-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like the dynamic created by the two strong lines -- the bridge footbridge leading into the image, and the bridge in the background leading right and out. And the contrast of the curves of the footbridge with the angles and parallel lines of the highway bridge. Sky and clouds give a nice background. The shrubs or trees at foreground right detract, though. And I think the composition would be stronger if the highway bridge were given a bit more weight, although it might not be possible to work all those changes in.
10-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Pentaxian

the composition is really nice. But I think that you should take it during sunrise/set when the sky is on fire. Or at night
10-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Baro-nite here is another version of the above photo, but still can get rid of the plants on the right :

Attached Images

10-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Will do that one of these days

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
the composition is really nice. But I think that you should take it during sunrise/set when the sky is on fire. Or at night
10-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sqjaw Quote
Baro-nite here is another version of the above photo, but still can get rid of the plants on the right :
But they're much less intrusive in this one. Of course it's a very different composition, with different angles and also the lamppost and roadway on the left, but also very nice.
10-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery
I prefer the first version where you separate the path and bridge. In the second image the lamp and road on the left, and building on the right become very distracting, and it looks like a quick snap shot. The first is a very strong image though with the two leading lines as mentioned above, well done!

10-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #8

I love the composition on the first shot, the converging railings lead your eye to the tower. I like how they are both coming out of the corners, nice attention to detail with the framing.

I would definitely re-shoot this shot with better light, which could add another element to the photo. It would also get rid of the mid-day shadows on the path which I don't care for.
10-24-2012, 04:02 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sqjaw Quote
I have done many photo's of this area and do enjoy going there a lot since its a nice place to rest ,walk and enjoy Life:
comments welcome good bad or in-different
IMHO the sky isn´t very intriguing and i would agree with the comment to re-shoot when conditions offer a better light to work with. But above all I think a different cropping, like the one I´ve taken the liberty of sampling below, can enhance what I assume to be the perspective you´re after.

Last edited by Nick Nero; 05-06-2015 at 02:14 PM.