Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ibanez
Lens: DA 15 Camera: K01 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F13.5 

Just started messing with the LR3 that my friend gave me. Your critiques would be much appreciated.

10-28-2012, 01:16 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I like it as it is very dynamic and you didn't do the lightning from neck trick - the thing that detracts is maybe the cars in the foreground.
10-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
Just started messing with the LR3 that my friend gave me. Your critiques would be much appreciated.
Love the idea. The colours and soft tone effect really works. Reeks, in the words positive sense, of mystique and symbolism or rather it could have. Unfortunately the road and the cars in the background totaly ruins it for me. Once I noticed them the feeling of rock n roll, of looking at something unreal, completely washed away. Sorry about that.
10-28-2012, 03:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Its a very processed and dramatic shot. This is something that one might see on a blog or in a magazine article about how 'epic that guitar is'

10-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #5

Agree with everyone else, love the processing and idea but I wish this was done against a less busy background.
10-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Banned

I think it's overdone. I'm a big Ibanez fan, though I don't play. The Iceman, to me, is the iconic piece in their collection, with the HR Giger models.

Here are two concert shots I took of the Iceman:

10-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I've learned a lot (: I also feel that compared to my other work, that this one is indeed "overdone" or "over processed". I feel the same towards the cars. I will try to redo this shot next time w/o them (: And mann now I know what they meant about shooting RAW and the k01's capabilities is just wonderful.

10-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #8

I like the colours and the clouds a lot, and overall it doesn't look very overly too processed, except for the huge halo around the guitar. My biggest issue is with the background here, I'd expect it to be clean and neat, not someone's minivan there...
10-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I redid the photo, I'm still getting the hang of lightroom and just amazed of what it can do. I'm a RAW convert now lol I used to be a lazy shooter but now that I have LR, I don't think I'm ever going back to jpeg.

To be honest I'm still not quite happy with this. But I guess that's part of the learning process.
And oh if you guys want to give it a shot I would be happy to share the raw file. (I just don't know how hehe)
10-31-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Any critique on the new one would be much appreciated.
11-01-2012, 05:45 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
Any critique on the new one would be much appreciated.
For the genre I think itīs rather good. Nit picking I could say itīs very dark at the bottom and as consequence taking away some of the depth and perspective I assume youīre aiming for. Overall I do like it now that the cars and stuff is gone. //Nick
11-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Nero Quote
For the genre I think itīs rather good. Nit picking I could say itīs very dark at the bottom and as consequence taking away some of the depth and perspective I assume youīre aiming for. Overall I do like it now that the cars and stuff is gone. //Nick
Thank you very much (:
11-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Hello
The reworked version is a great improvement over the first one. I think a touch more brightness on the chrome would add some life to it. Something that is worth trying again. I like the background and the concept. You could try combining a background you like with a shot of the guitar, probably easier than finding the perfect location and time and lighting etc. Light painting on long exposures gives some interesting looks too.
Cheers
Greg
11-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gregory_51 Quote
Hello
The reworked version is a great improvement over the first one. I think a touch more brightness on the chrome would add some life to it. Something that is worth trying again. I like the background and the concept. You could try combining a background you like with a shot of the guitar, probably easier than finding the perfect location and time and lighting etc. Light painting on long exposures gives some interesting looks too.
Cheers
Greg
Thank you so much (:
11-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I think the overdramatic processing fits the genre. Very creative though. I'll have to do the same with my guitars!