a nice Autumn day

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
10-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The colors are pleasant and I like the weathered textures of the house siding. As a whole image, however, it's challenging to ascertain what the subject of this photograph is. Titles shouldn't have to explain a non-journalistic image.

The shadowing darkens the "eye" effect in the window that you may be intending here, so maybe shooting at another time of day would work better. You really want to emphasize that window, and perhaps doing a retouched window insert using software would ultimately work better.

I also find that tree growing out of the roof to be very distracting.

Good try though.

M
11-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stewh Quote
a nice Autumn day

Love it. Made me smile. The whole idea, if it is the idea (if it isnīt it doesnīt matter as it still works beautifully), with the sky seen through the window and the tree comming up over the roof top also showing in the window is brilliant. With a polarizer, assuming you didnīt use one, depth and colours would probably improve a notch. Especially the sky would likely benefit from that. Keep it up :-)
11-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hello
Nicely seen. I like the framing and the top of the tree over the roof repeated in the window. Some technical issues. It's a little underexposed, if you look at the histogram you'll see it stops well short of 255, that's why the clouds look murky and partly why the shadow area above the window are blocked up and lack detail. A curves adjustment layer would help. Also it seems soft and could use some sharpening.
Cheers
Greg

11-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the very helpful comments. Yes, I did compose consciously with the 'tree element' echoed in the reflection window. Also, being sloppy, I over-exposed the shot considerably (NOT purposely) and had to do more pp than I like - separate adjustments applied in CS5 to the sky and to the reflection. I will certainly have to do some sharpening if I ever print the shot. Thank you all again for the constructive critique.