Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Street Pictures
Lens: DA-70mm F2.4 limited Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Arts&Craft Show ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F22 

Just a couple of Street Musicians having fun. My first attempt with post processing to eliminate reflections in the glass behind these guys. I used Aperture just to experiment with this picture. I had to crop it on the left because of someone standing there, so I couldn't get the whole "plastic jar of rice 'marimba' thing" the kid was shaking.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Stevizzy; 11-15-2012 at 07:08 PM.
11-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Amsterdam Floating Flower Market

Another favorite street scene I stumbled upon walking around Amsterdam with a pocket camera. I wish I had my K-5 then for this picture.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
COOLPIX S640  Photo 
11-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Can I take your picture too?

Another picture with a pocket camera.....they're sure handy for spontaneous street scenes. This gal in Amsterdam saw me taking her picture, so she grabbed her camera to take a shot of me. We chatted afterwards, over a pint.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
COOLPIX S640  Photo 
11-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Stevizzy Quote
Just a couple of Street Musicians having fun. My first attempt with post processing to eliminate reflections in the glass behind these guys. I used Aperture just to experiment with this picture. I had to crop it on the left because of someone standing there, so I couldn't get the whole "plastic jar of rice 'marimba' thing" the kid was shaking.
The guy on the left is pretty distracting. I would try to make it an image of just the guy on the right.

11-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
^^^ How would you crop the Guitar Case? I agree, the guy on the left looks like he's somewhere else....LOL!
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Timing is EVERYTHING! The guy on the left should be looking into the image. Otherwise he is a distraction.
The flowers are nice, but DoF is too deep and the BG distracts
The shot of the cafe has just too much in it with no sense of subject. You can crop on a group and see which works best.

Regards,
11-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Stevizzy Quote
^^^ How would you crop the Guitar Case? I agree, the guy on the left looks like he's somewhere else....LOL!
Something like this.

11-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
^^^ I like that crop, Thanks for the tip.