Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Running in the stairs
Lens: DA15ltd Camera: K10D Photo Location: Technical University of Tampere ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F8 

So, yeah, went running in the stairs like a madman. Luckily it was night so there weren't too many people witness my actions.

I would like to hear comments and critique about anything and everything you may stumble upon in this picture.

11-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I find the light streaks distracting.

They aren't interesting enough on their own to be the focal point, but they distract from the shapes of the stairs which I consider to be the focus.

Personally I think it would work better with the camera a little further out from the ledge to give a more straight view (I understand that's probably not possible though)

And I think the lighting would have maybe worked better if it were a broader softer light spread onto the top two flights to brighten them to be more like the lower flights.

Another possibility would be to maybe walk slowly around the 2nd or 3rd flight of steps to give an almost creepy ghostly aspect to focus on.

IT could go either way, one way towards an abstract focus on the shapes and monochromatic colours of the steps, the other to a moody lonely stairwell.
11-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A fun concept, but the distracting flash lighting as mentioned makes it hard to appreciate the overall picture.
The stairwell isn't the most picturesque either, but you did well to expose for it.
The irregular trail of the ?flash on light didn't work out to be effective in this image.
Above comments also echoed.
11-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
ASa

Original Poster
Thanks for the input, much appreciated. This really gives me a lot to think as I thought I really had a working concept. But now I know I still have to develop it.