Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The morning Relaxation
Lens: Tamton 18-250/3,5-6,3 Camera: Pentax K10D Photo Location: Ljubljana;Slovenia ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F6.7 

Summer morning in the city. Young lady talking with......

Name:  The morning Relaxation.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  710.9 KB

Name:  The morning Relaxation 2.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  446.5 KB

12-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just looks like a snipersnapshot to me. I think if you directly engaged the young woman, you would have a far more interesting photograph.

M
12-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Her arms seem awkward, her mouth is hanging open, and the background object is coming out of her head. Three distractions, and not much of interest. Does not do it for me, sorry.
12-06-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Just looks like a snipersnapshot to me. I think if you directly engaged the young woman, you would have a far more interesting photograph. M
Hi, thank you for your attention. You've probably had in mind in your photos as "Angry Man" or "120 502" series sport?
greeting

12-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Her arms seem awkward, her mouth is hanging open, and the background object is coming out of her head. Three distractions, and not much of interest. Does not do it for me, sorry.
Hi,
Between us, like "Einstein People"?
greeting
12-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Velja Quote
Hi, thank you for your attention. You've probably had in mind in your photos as "Angry Man" or "120 502" series sport?
greeting
When I critique a photo, my focus is on what YOU have in mind. What I try to address is the difference between one's seeming objectives for the image and the actual execution.

In the case of your photo, it appears that you wanted a candid capture of a young woman expressing herself during a conversation. SpecialK covered the image's shortcomings quite well. My point was-and still is-that the shot would have been more compelling if you approached her more directly and more closely instead of hiding behind a telephoto lens.

I find that effective street shots of people are more effective when the photographer exerts some presence or even courage.

M