Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would like your thoughts again!
Lens: 35mm 2.4 AL Camera: K-R 

Hey guys, I posted here a week or so ago and the feedback I got really helped. I've been searching for new places to photograph and I think I've figured out my lens capabilities/limitations pretty well. I hope it may show in these newer photos. Please tell me what you think!

Attached Images

12-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
smf
Pentaxian

The second and fourth images are my favorites.
The first image might benefit from much tighter cropping from the right plus some cropping from the top.
In my very humble opinion, the third image would be stronger if cropped from the right to eliminate the out-of-focus green ivy but retaining the columns between that out-of-focus ivy and the in-focus single string (stalk?) of ivy. You might also try cropping from the left, but retaining the distant, out-of-focus stonework.
Best wishes, and I hope to see more of your photographs.
12-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #3

Original Poster
That ivy shot was the most frustrating thing ever. I had a ton of pictures where the stalk was out of focus but the leaves were fine.Then I had ones where they were both in focus, but the stalk wasn't against the white columns which made it really busy. After a ton of compromising and going back and forth I decided I liked the one I posted the best. When I was originally playing around with them I actually tried cropping it the way you mentioned and it didn't really seem right to me but I think I will go back and play with it more. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too nitpicky on myself but you pretty much echoed my thoughts exactly. Thanks for your opinion

edit: I just found four more pictures in lightroom that I somehow missed of the ivy/columns..and they are much better lol

Last edited by csmoore; 12-05-2012 at 03:11 PM.