Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #16

Original Poster
Thanks for your thoughts! I appreciate it.

01-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I kinda like the minimalist composition of it.
The problem with the blur is that the red wine is the focus that your eyes are drawn to, so when the focus is blurry it makes the whole picture immediately look blurred. If there was more going on in the picture it would contrast that but to make the minimalist compositional approach work the wine would pretty much have to be frozen, with a picture that had other focal points (as suggested a bottle or more foods) you could get away with blurring it. And the latter stuff was better in that the glass not showing up in the first picture really makes it not work, either alternate lighting angle or intensity (multiple lights? color reflected in glass?) or a background tweak or anything to make the glass show up clearly is necessary.

You have much more patience than me, I would have chucked the stupid glass across the room the first time I botched the timing for shutter release. Those things take way too much work to reset.

In all honesty I don't actually have a clue about anything artsy, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.