Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take the above worth a grain of salt. The issue with the blue is one of preference...the gold light from the tower certainly balances the blue somewhat. At that time in the evening with that cloud cover, the light could certainly have been quite blue. I'm sure with 100 people you'd probably 100 opinions, with how blue the picture should be. This picture would look great on a pale blue wall. Go with what looks good to you. Some will always agree with your choice, some will not. Don't assume that because one would like it less blue, that 9 out of 10 would, or even 2 out of 10.

Whether or not to correct for blue or not is an artistic decision. Personally if the light was very blue, sometimes I leave it that way. And I might not have taken the picture at all if it wasn't very blue. So in that case, it would be crazy to "correct" it in post production.

03-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, of course.

Try this out Polester, if you have photoshop import the image into photoshop and slide the colour balance cyan-red balance over to +40 red. This dramatically exaggerates the existing additional colour in the existing image and shows you what's going on. The way the overly blue spoke to me is by looking at the whites, ie the white metal support of that wooden jetty. It's blue I'm not saying it's the end of the world at all, in fact I rather liked it out of the thumbnails and took a closer look to see if suggesting you enter it to PEG might be in order But as I was considering it this blue divide across about 2/3 of the image sort of sprang out to me, which it would also if it were submitted to PEG. As in the blue at the top of the image is a really dark almost grey magenta one, whereas the other 2/3 of the image has a lighter blue. And sliding over towards red brings back the image and shows the difference really easily.

Anyway, ymmv Maybe this is useful to you, which would be ok. Maybe it's not, which would be ok too. Others might not spot this, but some will
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #33
Inactive Account

I like it.