Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Baroque
Lens: M 35mm Camera: Mighty K10d Photo Location: Federation Sqaure Melbs ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 

Is all about spans and arches. Keep that in mind next time you play through some Bach and it will change the character completely.

I love Bach, and I love spans, arches and lines.

This is a corrugated roof. I was attracted to the curve given thanks to perspective as it dissolves into nothing at the bottom.

I hadn't realized why I liked that diagonal line running from left to right. I initially tried to cut it into the bottom third, which I liked but lost the resolving curve effect some what out of the original.

When I took some light away it made sense. The diagonal line is neatly cut in half by the vertical right and the bottom horizontal third line balancing it out nicely. Score. :P Well.... It gets pretty close. I might get the ruler out proper and see if it changes the feel drastically.

Anyway, I worry I'm too attracted to such a simple form, i.e. a freaking line. How does it sit with you?

02-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

No replies?
While both are a little hard on my eyes ... I think the dark one works better because the diagonal line seems more a part of the picture -- I mean, in the bottom corner it seems a little bit afterthought-ish. I'm not sure where to look for a curve... but after staring at the computer for a long time tonight I'm already bug-eyed.
It's an interesting abstract. And if playing with ratios of lines is fun, then have at it!
02-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
True. Yes perhaps it's not best to questions one attractions :P

I agree too in regards to the darker image. its sits better with me too.

Cheers.