Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #1

Crimes Against the City
Lens: 10-20 Sigma Camera: k-30 Photo Location: Turkey ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F5.8 

Hi everyone, I'd be glad if anyone could post ideas about my photos. I have taken them in consideration with theme of "crimes against the city", and are they worth?

Last edited by alikaytan; 09-13-2014 at 03:22 AM.
01-16-2013, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

A little over processed for me, the HDR looks seems to flatten the image and reduce the impact and range of any shadows that would be cast. (this is more personal taste than anything though)

Composition could be a bit better, I'm having trouble working out the intended focal point (the stone building on the right? the domed building in the middle?)
The light post in both images is rather intrusive.

As for the theme "crimes against the city" I'm unfortunately not getting that feeling, I'm struggling to see the "crime"

Overall, good images and they've got the ability to be turned into very good images with a few tweaks.
But I'm not sure they accurately portray the theme intended.
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I can see where your going with this, well perhaps I should say I guess your talking about the wiring, it's a shambles, that's a crime in itself.

IMHO the images lacks real punch in terms of brightness/colours and that would also help to more clearly define the subject.

That having been said, the light on the day certainly was helping you any, I'd go back another day.

If I've missed the plot or got totally all wrong, just ignore this post.
01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by hks_kansei Quote
A little over processed for me, the HDR looks seems to flatten the image and reduce the impact and range of any shadows that would be cast. (this is more personal taste than anything though)

Composition could be a bit better, I'm having trouble working out the intended focal point (the stone building on the right? the domed building in the middle?)
The light post in both images is rather intrusive.

As for the theme "crimes against the city" I'm unfortunately not getting that feeling, I'm struggling to see the "crime"

Overall, good images and they've got the ability to be turned into very good images with a few tweaks.
But I'm not sure they accurately portray the theme intended.
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I can see where your going with this, well perhaps I should say I guess your talking about the wiring, it's a shambles, that's a crime in itself.

IMHO the images lacks real punch in terms of brightness/colours and that would also help to more clearly define the subject.

That having been said, the light on the day certainly was helping you any, I'd go back another day.

If I've missed the plot or got totally all wrong, just ignore this post.
I do appreciate your comments and time spared for this, first of all I was too not sure that to what degree these photos reflected theme or my intended message. By now I can see that I'm not that much successful because my main point in taking these was the minaret of the mosque(one of that city's unique) behind and the lamp post front(and maybe the ruined building). Now that I can see I couldn't simply convey my message.
Anyway I will take your advice about composition and the time of the day.
P.S. These were my first shots concerning that theme. I'm looking to improve with your help.