Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Anguish?
Camera: K01 

I'm still very much a beginner, but found this photo to be one of my better shots. I know there must have been something I could have done better; any comments or advice is greatly appreciated.

01-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #2

Your composition needs improvement. His hands are cut off and the shot would work better if he was placed in the right side of the frame.

Keep shooting
01-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice Jennifer, I'll keep them in mind for next time.
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum
Agree with Jennifer; you haven't left him any room in the frame. The background might make the viewer wonder if the woman on the right has something to do with the theme of the photo. Or the guy behind. Don't cramp your subject in the frame; give it some room; and also a wider aperture will give you less depth of field & make any unimportant background elements less distracting.
Keep shooting!

01-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Allie, I had a 50mm prime and didn't want to be too conspicuous since he really did seem a bit pained. It was a spur of the moment shot really, but turned out fairly well. I will make sure to compose better for future shots.