Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #1

B&W
Lens: DA 40 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Kyrgyzstan ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/150s Aperture: F6.7 

Hi all. So what do you thing? I think the problem here it is a lot of details...

Attached Images

01-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think details is particularly a problem. I'm typically pretty critical but it's a good photo on its own merits.

Post work was done pretty well - midtones really do dominate the photo but your contrast is predominate at the top of the frame so the lazy eye wanders there. You can do a bit of masking and do parts of it piecemeal but it's just overkill.
01-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #3

There are lot of details, in a good and a bad way IMO. In a good way because there are lots of elements that make photo look "rich". In a bad way because there is no clear subject where the eye can "rest". My eyes keeps wandering between the horses foreground and the cows (?) background. But in the end the real subject seem to be the horses foreground. IMO the tree on the right (front) distracts the picture, I may have cropped that out (crop from the right and from the up). And also little from the left as there is half cow there

Photo seems to have nice tones. Although I may have lifted the shadows a bit, add some clarity (Lightroom 4) and add some vignetting (to bring out the subject more). Just my opinion. The photo looks a bit too neutral now for my liking (but I don't like overprocessed photos either).

Overall nice looking scene and well captured. There are multiple layers that make it interesting. River on the front, horses in the foreground, cows in the middle, hills and sky on the background. There is also a road that splits the image. The photo that is well worth saving and with a bit of tweaking, a worth of a print
01-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is an interesting, very busy image as presented. I think there's an issue — or complicating factor — because the horizontal road or path divides the image, and the bottom of the image is quite strong due to the presence of the horses below that road.
Please see what you think of the image if cropped
* slightly below the road or
* slightly above the horses which are at the photograph's bottom.
Also, there's another image if you crop out the top of the photo and your resulting image excludes most of the area above the cattle.
Best wishes.

Last edited by smf; 01-25-2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: typo
01-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you guys!