Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2013, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
Things Are Looking Up
Lens: Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 apo Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: Copenhagen, Denmark ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/20s Aperture: F4 

Taken while standing on their dining table, the model was asked to sit on the floor in front of a large window with diffused daylight. Selective focus was used and placed over the closest eye. Zoom was set at 85mm and was tricky to handhold at 1/20th shutter speed.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
01-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not a portrait photographer, but I like this nice image better when I use two sheets of paper to crop it slightly to the right of the model's head and a bit under the neckline of her dress. That excludes what in my humble opinion is the distraction of the model's arm and the remainder of the image's lower portion.
Best wishes, and I hope to see more of your work.
01-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with smf, I like the angle but I think next time you might benefit from composing more for her face/shoulders.