Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #1

Fun at the beach
Lens: 18-55mm Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Florida ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F6.7 

Just looking for some constructive criticism. Check out the other pictures from my flickr if you're interested.

01-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think I understand what you were going for well enought to give constructive criticism. Silhouettes at the beach? Not bad, but I don't feel engaged - no strong element drawing me in and capturing my attention. A dramatic sky - well, the people get in the way. An active beach scene - well, a bit underexposed, I think. See what I mean? I'm not trying to be a wise guy - I'm trying to convey my feelings about the image.
Keep in mind that I'm a totally rank amateur with no qualifications to criticize.
Thanks for sharing.
01-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #3

I'm a total beginner, but I love the sky, and - as jford mentioned - the sand is underexposed.

I think it's an awesome picture, anyways.
01-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The focus and colours are great. I like the silhouettes, you can keep them dark, but maybe you would have to crouch a little more, so the sand wouldn't swallow the silhouettes of the people. But I really like the photo, the sky, the tones

01-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the image as presented, and I offer the following suggestions:
* Crop up from the bottom as much as you like.
* Consider cropping in slightly from the right to eliminate the trash container or whatever that is to the right of the two people (although you might instead prefer to keep the trash barrel to avoid having those two people to close to the edge of the frame.) If you don't drop in, you might consider using software to remove the trash container.
You might have zoomed out a bit to give a bit more room at the left.
Best wishes, and I look forward to seeing more of your work.