Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #1

NW Sunsets

These are not photoshopped a bit. Right out of the camera...a P&S using the "Sunset" setting.

02-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Like the first one the best. Nice colors.
02-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I like the third one. While the first 2 are very pretty, & yay you for not photoshopping something to death ... they are also a little snapshotty... the 3rd one is really more abstract, which is what you've labelled it, because it's been simplified to just the silhouette & the sky colour. It's much more striking.
02-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
i also think the 3rd pic is the best composition wise, colour is amazing !, imo the second picture looks like the trees are not focused and would benefit from being darkened for a more silhouette effect, the first picture is good but could maybe do with a tighter and more even crop, but hey im still new to the photography game so im still learning myself

02-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tay77 Quote
i also think the 3rd pic is the best composition wise, colour is amazing !, imo the second picture looks like the trees are not focused and would benefit from being darkened for a more silhouette effect, the first picture is good but could maybe do with a tighter and more even crop, but hey im still new to the photography game so im still learning myself
Thanks for you input. I didn't touch these photos. They are just as they came from the camera. These span several years and I can't recall which camera I was using, when. I did use a tripod sometimes tho.

I'll post some more.
02-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #6

Original Poster

02-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #7

Original Poster
The yellow mauve colors amazed me. One seldom sees them and I lived in that place for seven years. Have since sold it, so my sunset shots will be no more. The yellow/mauve I believe was caused by forest fire smoke in the atmosphere.

The geese, which gives the pic interest, was just a happy accident. The yellow was a bright gold, I'm glad I got the pics. I've enlarged and printed some of them. They look better here.

Last edited by stepmac; 02-17-2013 at 07:58 PM.
02-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #8
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks very much for posting the photographs, which I'm enjoying. If you reprint the first two for display, you might consider tweaking a bit to remove some or all of what appears to me to be a tilt to the left.
02-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
Thanks very much for posting the photographs, which I'm enjoying. If you reprint the first two for display, you might consider tweaking a bit to remove some or all of what appears to me to be a tilt to the left.
Thank you for your advice.

I printed some of these to 8x10 and I was unimpressed with the results. Like slides projected on a screen, they have more impact here.