Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
Inactive Account

North Shore Honolulu, Hawaii
Lens: DA 35MM F 2.4 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Honolulu, Hawaii ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F3.5 

Full resolution can be seen at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6obyTLCyTHkR29ncUYxTlliWlU/edit?usp=sharing

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
blue sky, blue ocean, and some rocks. There is nothing of interest in the photo to look at. Also you do not know the scale. It might be big, it might be small.
Next time try to find somthing interesting in the landscape to put in the shot
02-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Macario ... easy tiger ... easy

I think the biggest problem is that your foreground is completely overcome by shadows ... a visible foreground might of brought some interest in your image.

Other than that, is a very nicely framed picture, with straight horizon - not really .
I like how you have the rocky portion between your foreground and horizon line.

The only thing missing is a subject, something to focus on. My guess is that your attention was more on the waves that are breaking against the rocky shore. Maybe a bigger wave with more splash and more light on your rocks would sparkle some more interest from some ...

Don't get discouraged ... keep on trying .

Last edited by mrNewt; 02-11-2013 at 01:48 PM.
02-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's what I wrote, next time try to put something interesting in the shot, now it is very empty. and btw, horizon is not straight, it is tilted to the right slightly

02-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
That's what I wrote, next time try to put something interesting in the shot, now it is very empty. and btw, horizon is not straight, it is tilted to the right slightly
Diplomacy brother ... don't scare them off ...
A "why" and "how" is always nice to say.

As for the horizon line, you are right ... don't know why I was thinking is straight .
02-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I agree that there is not really much of interest, and a big plain sky. I also knocked off a couple points for crooked horizon.

I'm guessing Macario may not speak English as a first language, so some lack of nuance and subtlety could be understandable :-)