Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Pets and shadows
Lens: Pentax SMC 35mm Camera: K-01 ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F2 

I started another thread about my difficulty capturing images of people. I do not seem to have this problems with pets and have sold a number of pet prints. I am thinking of developing this area of my photography more and would like a critique of the following photo, as well as any hints/suggestions for dealing with fury critters that tend not to stay in one place for very long. Thanks.

02-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
And the highlight side is blown out. The light is coming from below which isn't flattering for man or beast. There is way too much shadow. He/she looks like they are missing an eye because I can't see anything on the shadow side. My eyes are distracted by the background and the random colors and shapes. I have no real idea of what the dog looks like, it seems to be missing a body. The framing is fairly uninteresting; its too centered. There is space at the bottom but the top of the ears are cut off.
02-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you for your honest appraisal.