Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-13-2013, 03:47 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

silo no 2 version
Lens: 17-35 tamron Camera: k5 ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F4 

second version........new sky to replace the banded one.....

03-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't, as a rule, like very processed photography. But this is so processed as to look more like a painting, & I thought it was kinda cool. I like the colours. The tops of the silos kind of follow a third-line, & the rest of the lines draw your eye around in the picture. I prefer the colour in this one to your one with the blue sky, which I saw later.
03-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you Alliecat.........it is hard to make silo's interesting........they are on the whole grey and boring........the sky had banded on the first one and this was just to hide that......I then tried to make it feel as though the light was reflecting on the shiny steel.....the sky was actually that colour when I photographed it.......unfortunately it wasn't behind the silo's.........gotta love some editing....