Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Grow. two of the world
Lens: Pentax SMC FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited Camera: PENTAX K-5 II s 

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=163803&stc=1&d=1363527221

Last edited by kombat; 06-08-2013 at 05:42 AM.
03-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I think your exposure is good.
My problem is I don't really know what the photo is about. Is there a story? I don't understand the title, and the kids in the foreground have their backs to the camera. The background people are standing in a clump... what's going on? I gather that the girls are looking at the boys, but the boys don't seem involved in the same story here, & if it's just about the kids, then the people in the background are a little distracting...
03-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alliecat Quote
I think your exposure is good.
My problem is I don't really know what the photo is about. Is there a story? I don't understand the title, and the kids in the foreground have their backs to the camera. The background people are standing in a clump... what's going on? I gather that the girls are looking at the boys, but the boys don't seem involved in the same story here, & if it's just about the kids, then the people in the background are a little distracting...
All right! It is necessary to know a little history. In the foreground, young boys hooligans (look at their clothes, it's a little torn, steam coming from his mouth, as the smoke ... and the girls with the "other world" they are afraid of them, so look this (funky and tried their push off) .......... Although you're right, must not have a picture of the international division, he should understand it .... I had more girls to the front ... Thanks to your help and comments, "truth has triumphed." ..
03-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
It just goes to show how we're all different, because I like images that make me think or invent wee stories as to what's going on, because it's not obvious at first glance.

For this one, I thought the tallest of the lads, had forgotten to zip up his flies or something, the way the two taller lasses of three were looking over.

I do agree the crowd scene in the background is a little distracting, but there was no round that for this shot. Perhaps a half inch crop on the top edge and a little burning in would help.

All in all I like it, something different, well done.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 03-19-2013 at 09:19 AM.
03-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, I get it.. it is the "girls are always attracted to bad boys" theme. I need another coffee to get the gears spinning enough to figure this one out.