Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Glass bottles from Venice
Camera: Pentax K-30 

Ive just started taking photos so im sure you guys will find lots of things i can improve on, all comments welcome.

Last edited by MADDSNIPER; 06-26-2013 at 01:59 PM.
03-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Inactive Account

For that pic, I'd concentrate on maybe just one bottle. The others are out of focus and add nothing to the shot. When I look at the picture my eyes wander searching for an anchor or subject.
03-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having one bottle could be a bit dull (depending on lighting, framing and other factors).
But you might try this method of evaluating this and other images: Take a sizable piece of cardboard, a light book or some other object that's sizable and flat. Obscure the photo's right side. See how you like the image with only the partial bottle at left and the entire bottle. Experiment with various widths.
You can try cropping from the top or the bottom by moving the scroll bar
Two L-shaped pieces of cardboard work well for evaluation of various heights and widths
Doing that to evaluate your images and other photographers' images — plus reading about composition — will help you compose future images.
A bit belatedly, welcome to tPentaxforums.
Best wishes.
03-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IMO, would have prefered one bottle in front focused and bottles in background OOF, like to read the label on one bottle to give the idea of what and where. The Focus of the one bottle is spot on, just can not read the label.