Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To Much Abstraction
Lens: 35mm Camera: Mighty K10d Photo Location: Old river flat. ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F5.6 

So I had this idea to get this shot of a couple walking out of frame set against a lush green background. I was struck by their intimacy from seeing them earlier, and imaged myself capaturing some ideal shot. Turns out I was peddling deep into the land of cliche here :P It didn't really work. The couple are just far to small in the image for it to make any real sense, the relationship is non existent, it looks lonely. But then I bumped the contrast tab. All of a sudden like a negative, I saw some instance of the relationship I had imagined.

Name:  treeoflifesm.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  132.5 KB

The couple are right of frame with this "energy" for lack of a better description trailing behind them as if it was lighting up the areas they had traveled from. Somehow radiating this feeling I observed from then but failed to understand or articulate in a traditional coloured image. The question naturally tho is, does this now bunch of pixels give any hint of what I managed to project on to it?

A perhaps calmer version, (metaphysically speaking) is this image here,

Name:  snowlifesm.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  156.3 KB

It points nothing to this emotional element I'm faping on about earlier But I found the texture created by the shadows in the grass interesting enough, along with enough form to describe some sort of travel the couple has been on, or covered.

It all kind of reminds me of some charcoal drawings, and I like that, But does anyone else.......

03-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
I like the lower one better because the couple stands out much more due to the contrast against the background. Without the couple the pictures would not have too much interest for me. But that is subjective.
03-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Pentaxian

First one is not really interesting, and has a lot of blank sky.

Second one is very nice, though I would crop off all the sky down to the trees on the left.
03-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You now good call on the crop. I was trying to use the white to balance out the rest of the image. had a couple of triangles going on (well 2) . But cutting it at the tree lines I'm left with 4, White, Black, Not as white, not as black.

That works really well. And keep the focus back on the couple in the distance naturally.

Cheers! :P