Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-21-2013, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
beginer
Lens: Pentax 16-50 Camera: pentax k-5 Photo Location: Vancouver ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/4s Aperture: F11 

I am using my camera just four month critique plese

Attached Images

04-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum
That looks like a pretty spot, & the photo has some nice colour in it.
I think your horizon is just a tiny bit lower on the right... but you haven't put it right across the middle of the picture, which is good. I think, composition-wise, I'd have liked to see that outcrop with the tree a little farther into the picture. Think about the "rule of thirds" when you place things in your photos.
A pretty good start for a beginner; keep going!
04-22-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Wow that's a good start.

Horizons already been mentioned, but that's just a quick tweak in PP to fix that. While your there, try and see if you can pull some more detail out of the foreground area using the shadow slider.

Good work, well done.
04-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed, a great start. The lump of rock or seaweed in the foreground isn't doing much for me, and I'd probably move forward a yard or two and loose it. The rock outcrop is an important part of the image and I concur with Alliecat that it should be positioned further into the picture. But you don't want it to block the sun. Possibly shoes off and standing in the shallows would have been a good position. However, taking a guess at the water temp in Alberta is this time of year, I might well withdraw that last suggestion!

Crooked horizons are a no-no, but easy to fix in a computer (I'm a serial offender for being about 1 degree off horizontal).

04-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
for being about 1 degree off horizontal
Just one degree eh, mines proportional to the number of drams I've consumed.
04-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you Guys for all your help.....