Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Upper Palouse Falls, two methods
Lens: DA 17-70 Camera: K5lls Photo Location: SE Washington State ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F9.5 

Here are two very different photos of the same subject, from the same position, the same light, the same aperture. The difference is that the sharp photo had a shutter speed of 1/400 sec., the second had five exposures at 1/1000 sec. Multiple exposures is one of the features of the Pentax DSLRs that I really like to use in the proper situations. Please comment on whether you like one or the other, and why.

Thank you!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
04-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting to see something that isn't a two second exposure! I prefer 1 because the second treatment, although novel, is displeasingly unnatural: the choppiness has turned to foam. Nevertheless, thank you for sharing an interesting experiment.
04-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Actually, I prefer the first photo. I've seen so many long exposures of waterfalls I'm getting tired of the idea. The first is more interesting to my eye seeing the sharp image of the water. It's more how my eye sees waterfalls...the veil effect is getting tired IMHO. You should go back when the trees are green, the shrubbery is dull.
04-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
smf
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also prefer the first image and suggest that you consider cropping it from the top.