Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Big Sister Love.
Lens: DA L 18-55MM AL @ 35MM Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Reading, PA APARTMENT ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 

Hi, This is the first image I want to actually print. Since I don't want to spend a lot of money I will be printing this at Walmart or similar. Will go for a 4x7 or similar size to check against my monitor for brightness, contrast and color accuracy. Then when I am alright with the results, I will blow it up to 14x11 for framing on a frame I already have.

The image here is not the aspect ratio since I re sized it to conform with forums rules. But please let me know overall what you think about it. The black background was added in PS since the background was the furniture of my room and I don't currently have any backgrounds available. I tried the refine selection/mask tool and this is as good as I could get.

Wip it away and let me know. BTW this is my 2 granddaughters, one will be 3 in September and the baby is just over a month old.

Thanks.

Attached Images

04-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot. If you haven't yet done so maybe try a little noise reduction to smooth out big sis' left jaw shadow which might look a little weird when blown up.
Also a little pp in her nose to clean up any boogies. Confirm white balance is good and giving accurate skin tones, I sense a little bit of greenish maybe from fluorescent light?
04-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #3

Original Poster
people in here are too good. Yes big as$ florescent light right on top of them + a lil fill flash I think. Will do the un boogie her.

Still, what shadow you are talking about? The one in between the left jaw and babies nose?

Last edited by BigJPR; 04-29-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added a question?!?
04-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was looking at this area - just seemed like some chroma noise present that could be smoothed.

Attached Images

04-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
I am using LR4 or PS... any suggestions of tools to use?
04-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I only use LR4 - try the noise reduction slider in the develop module. Also move the tint slider in the white balance area toward the pink a tiny bit to reduce the greenish.
Season to taste. My example is exaggerated.
Attached Images

04-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the example, I was playing with the NR on LR4 and I took the slider to the pinkish side, not done yet as I tried that last night before going to sleep. I like to check things different days, times to make sure I am still seeing the same results. ( pet peeve from when I used to record vocals on my home studio, listen now, stop and then listen in a week type of thing )