Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-23-2013, 04:56 AM - 1 Like   #1

Rain
Lens: SMC-M 50mm f/1.7 Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: New York city ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F4 

Haven't posted on PF in ages... Haven't been photographing much either, time to pick it up again!

I'd love to have some critique on this shot, since I'm quite proud of it. Saw the umbrellas rise, turned around, brought the camera to my eye whilst guessing focus and SNAP! It just became exactly what I had in mind, without much putting much conscious effort in it. Love it when that happens

Processing was done with Nik Silver Efex 2, I tried to keep it fairly neutral but contrasty still. OH, ISO was 640 actually, but I can't select that here. Not that you see the difference on a K-5 anyway

EDIT: Now why is the photo not appearing in this post, but in the thread overview the thumbnail does?

06-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lauke_101 Quote
Now why is the photo not appearing in this post, but in the thread overview the thumbnail does
Must be at your end, I'm seeing it fine within thread/post, interesting "wet" shot.
06-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting pic, indeed. Gives off a certain film mood. TFS.
06-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like it very much.
If it was mine, I'd clone out the two bright ovals at upper right and probably the rather distinct circular shape almost half way in from the left near the top of the image (not the less distinct circular shape to the right of the more distinct one.)

06-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
I like it very much.
If it was mine, I'd clone out the two bright ovals at upper right and probably the rather distinct circular shape almost half way in from the left near the top of the image (not the less distinct circular shape to the right of the more distinct one.)
I've never cloned/edited image data in such a way, I've been more 'just a developer'. I guess I (learned to) live with my mistakes. But it's a great suggestion and I will definitely try it out before I have this one printed! As far as printing goes, I'm thinking brushed aluminum, no base coat. Might add to the mood.