Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Snail in a full sprint
Lens: SMC-M 100/4 Macro Camera: K-5ii Photo Location: My porch ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 

This may be the first time I've used the flash on my K5. It's night time and this guy was out for a run on my porch. My technique lacks a lot with this macro lens, especially with moving objects and dispite their reputation, this guy was actually pretty speedy and didn't like the flash. Would have been better stopped down to f16, but I just didn't quite know how to get the exposure and he bolted on me, that's right BOLTED!

Advice and feedback always welcome.

06-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks really cool, not to mention it's a very distinctive colour combination. I'd consider putting it on my wall, but it's a friggin snail!!!!!! I hate it when those snails take off like that. So inconsiderate.
06-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks. Aside from the fact that it's a freaking snail, one thing I love about this photo is that you can see, precisely, what the focus plane was by looking at the concrete. blurryblurryblurrySHARP!blurryblurryblurryblurryblurryblurryblurry
06-30-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with your conclusion, a bit more depth would have been nice. Still a good shot and one we can all learn something from.

07-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I like the colours too. Really narrow DOF... not sure if that 'sharp' line on the concrete is a distraction for its abrupt edges, but the part of the snail that should be in focus, is. Cool shot.
07-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alliecat Quote
I like the colours too. Really narrow DOF... not sure if that 'sharp' line on the concrete is a distraction for its abrupt edges, but the part of the snail that should be in focus, is. Cool shot.

Thanks, Allie.