Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sheep at sunrise - an experiment
Lens: Tokina RMC 17mm Camera: K01 Photo Location: UK ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F3.5 

Alright - I admit that - a silly mistake. I was shooting some slides today and later switched to K-01 with Tokina to have some snaps from today. Sadly as I either shoot in AV or with film cameras in manual or AP mode - I forgot about this bloody green button, and pictures were taken with 3.5 instead of stopping down to 8 as I ment :P

anyways - this is what I was able to recover from *very dreamy* shoot I got - a mixture of playing with sliders and brushes in LR 5

I would of course normally retake the shot - but I used to not check the digital snaps that often - from film usage got cured off this disease of modern photographers - turned that I'd probably be better off doing so. Anyway a few moments later I did realise my mistake - but the sheeps has wandered away so I got *slightly* different picture - although super sharp :P

Please comment on overall impressions - willing to take all the hits bravely :P

Thanks for stopping by!

08-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It's got a surreal sort of vibe to it. Kind of like if Willy Wonka had sheep. It's kind of neat this way.
08-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
It's got a surreal sort of vibe to it. Kind of like if Willy Wonka had sheep. It's kind of neat this way.
Hehe indeed my goal was to preserve somehow this unintentional softness at places but also to emphasise the subjects across the frame - sort of against everything we should follow if it comes to landscapes I recon :P I mean f3.5 landscape isn't something I normally do :P
08-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That shot's not too ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d. (It was just a matter of time before someone did that.)

08-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrangeKx Quote
That shot's not too ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d. (It was just a matter of time before someone did that.)
EWE!!!!!!!!!!
08-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think those sheep are spelling out something with their formation, could they be trying to communicate?
08-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That looks like one of the Molesey reservoirs near Walton on Thames.

08-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those sheep look like they were all photoshopped into the foreground. Strangely interestling.

M
08-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all for comments!
Well I have to say when I first saw it on my computer I was like gosh, lost shot - the softness was there ( although still plenty of detail what surprised me a lot - I mean 17mm @ 3.5 - come one you gotta admit that :P) . Anyway I decided to play a bit with it because I liked the framing and composition and overall look - I admit the effect is rather surreal indeed - but that's what I liked about this shot, still can't help it but like it - I might change totally way of PP it and we see what happens but still - surprised at what that old lens was able to resolve on 16MB sensor @3.5

QuoteOriginally posted by OrangeKx Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
EWE!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, they indeed got excited a bit and bba-ba-baa-ed nervously when I appeared out of nowhere and started to assembling my kit and setting up the tripod ( I had to for slides at ISO 50 ) :P

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I think those sheep are spelling out something with their formation, could they be trying to communicate?
He he, well, the photo was taken mainly due to that one sheep that got curious and w unlike the others decided to come very close - the rest of them was very cautious and rather stayed on their daily route I assume

QuoteOriginally posted by Darrell Raw Quote
That looks like one of the Molesey reservoirs near Walton on Thames.
The photo was taken actually in Shepperton, near Queen Mary Reservoir - but their all looks very same from this perspective and limited framing I imagine.

QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Those sheep look like they were all photoshopped into the foreground. Strangely interestling.
They were treated only with correction brushes in LR, photoshop was used only to resize and sharpen for screen as LR export doesn't seem to apply the sharpness on export ( they reportedly are working on an update as far as I know ).