Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #1

Garden Statue
Lens: Takumar 135mm f/2.5 Camera: Pentax Superprogram Photo Location: My backyard ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F4 

Not sure what else to say was the best photo from my first roll of film.

08-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I wont say a word about the B&W attributes since I am not an expert about it - (I do think however that there is not enough of contrast in blacks and shadows to make this shot interesting) - but I would suggest that the angle of this shot makes me want to see this statue from lower perspective - I would shot it more like on level with it - to make it more like a portrait shot - in contrary to this sort of "prop" shot. Just my two cents
08-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum
It's a cute statue with some potential for fun shots. I agree about the lower perspective. I also think the statue is a little cramped by the upper & lower borders. I would be inclined to try shooting this as a vertical, which as manntax also said, would make it a bit more of a portrait. If you want to show an area of its surroundings, at least zoom out a little so the statue has a little more "room" in the frame.
First roll of film -- yay Have fun.