Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ironman Bicycling contest in Kalmar, Sweden.
Lens: Canon FD 80-200mm F4 L Converted Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Degerhamn, Sweden ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F8 

Yesterday I was watching the Ironman second stage Bicycling contest at Oland, Kalmar in Sweden.
I brought my K5 of course and took quite a few shoots from different places. Bikers kept coming so I got a lot of shots and after reviewing them I kept about 40 of them.
This is one of a bunch were I used slower times with larger apertures. Im not sure but I think I used F8 at 1/90s for this shot.

The lens is a fully converted Canon FD 80-200 F4 L lens. Might be the best zoom ever apart from it not being Pentax and not having AF.
My conversion lets me use it like any K or M lens so I can focus wide open and the lens stops down when I release the shutter.

Anyways.
I like this shot since I think it has speed and joy in it. The guys expression is, well, kind of funny? I can see that he enjoys this fully.

I have processed it in LR and cropped it quite a bit. I originally shot it standing portrait but decided to crop it much tighter.

Feel free to browse the rest of the shots from that "session" Click on the image to get to my gallery.