Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
do you want piece of me?
Lens: Pentax 18-135 WR Camera: Pentax K-30 ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F6.7 

Do you think there is too much empty space?
Thank you for looking.

08-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Empty space...?
Well, no, but the grass or whatever going up the right side is distracting. And my eye keeps going to the bright spot. Could maybe use a little more contrast?, or something, to bring the branch out of the background.
08-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I dont think there is too much empty space. I like how you processed this photo. But I generally enjoy this type of photos more than most people, so I am not good at critiquing them
The comment Alliecat made is right - about that grass. It should either be absent, more blurred, or completely sharp (as to make it a part of the composition, but that might not work)
The branch, leaves, selective focus/DoF on it, processing, sharpness and detail on the leaves are all great
08-23-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

+1 on what Alliecat said. Given a choice I would have moved the crop to the left. The grass just doesn't blend in the background.

No, I don't want anywhere near that.

08-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alliecat Quote
Empty space...?
Well, no, but the grass or whatever going up the right side is distracting. And my eye keeps going to the bright spot. Could maybe use a little more contrast?, or something, to bring the branch out of the background.
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I dont think there is too much empty space. I like how you processed this photo. But I generally enjoy this type of photos more than most people, so I am not good at critiquing them
The comment Alliecat made is right - about that grass. It should either be absent, more blurred, or completely sharp (as to make it a part of the composition, but that might not work)
The branch, leaves, selective focus/DoF on it, processing, sharpness and detail on the leaves are all great
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
+1 on what Alliecat said. Given a choice I would have moved the crop to the left. The grass just doesn't blend in the background.

No, I don't want anywhere near that.
Thank you for discussion. I modified the frame. Unfortunately, there is no enough room to increase contrast - detailes on branch are disapearing very quickly.

08-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
Inactive Account

In my un-humble opinion, from my take on your title, which should convey the essence of your creative ambitions, you will create too much controversy and detract from your message if you digitally alter this photograph.