Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A shoot with my daughter and boyfriend.
Lens: Super Takumar 135mm 3.5 Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Reading, PA (Gring's Mill Park) ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F3.5 

I just wanted to know your opinions on this photograph which is not the best of the shoot but it was one of the funnest to shoot since I was at a prone position while most of the people on the park where leaving, since we could not see the sun already (it was kinda getting too dark to shoot @ 3.5 that's why the high ISO.)

Most people would pass by and give me a smile.

I just want your general critiques considering these conditions and that this is actually the result I had in mind and the only lens long enough to compress that background.

As always thanks in advance and this was my 1st time I actually went out to a park and shoot a couple or anybody for that matter in a professional way.

Last edited by BigJPR; 11-13-2013 at 10:08 PM.
11-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

is good!
11-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks LFLee~!

Anybody else? different opinions? Thanks again.
11-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
Forum Member

Nice defocused background, I reckon if you'd changed your position a bit so you couldn't see the road and got more of that interesting looking branch above their heads it would be even better

11-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a good image, sharp, nice composition. A little warm for me, but it's a personal preference. Also good IQ for an ISO 1600 image. The same image with a 50mm at f2.2 would have made possible the same shot at iso 800 or lower to increase IQ.
11-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Darley Quote
Nice defocused background, I reckon if you'd changed your position a bit so you couldn't see the road and got more of that interesting looking branch above their heads it would be even better
Agreed. Try cropping the left side to remove the road.

QuoteQuote:
A shoot with my daughter and boyfriend.
You let your boyfriend cuddle your daughter?

Aah, the wonders of the English language.
11-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nicoprod Quote
It's a good image, sharp, nice composition. A little warm for me, but it's a personal preference. Also good IQ for an ISO 1600 image. The same image with a 50mm at f2.2 would have made possible the same shot at iso 800 or lower to increase IQ.
Would it have the same compression of the BG or close to it if I choose my tak 50mm 1.4 lens??? I ask because my thought for this shot was compressing the background a bit to add that layer of road you guys seem to dislike a little as a nice rounder feature in the shoot and automatically picked the longest lens i own. The tak 135mm

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote

I am going to try it and will eventually post it here to see, even though the road was part of my frame of thought when I shot this. You learn something everyday and too many people say to cut it, so I'll try and check it out.

Sorry LOL you really got me on that boyfriend daughter there!!! English is not my primary language, but I should have seen that one before I posted it. Too funny.

11-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
Forum Member

I was going to mention that but I just assumed it was a Pennsylvania thing
11-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #9

Original Poster
^^^^^
lol

naaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

I was in PA, now back in Puerto Rico. ohhh and it's not a Puerto Rico thing either... well, i can't vouch for the whole island on that one!
11-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigJPR Quote
Sorry LOL you really got me on that boyfriend daughter there!!! English is not my primary language, but I should have seen that one before I posted it. Too funny.
I checked your location before I wrote it. I wasn't sure if English was your first language. Having said that, I not sure that English is the first language of Americans!
11-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #11

Original Poster
I checked your location before I wrote it. I wasn't sure if English was your first language. Having said that, I not sure that English is the first language of Americans!

so true!
11-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #12
Veteran Member

C'mon, where's the cropped image?
11-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #13

I am very bad, but trying to get better, at posing people. One tip I got from a youtube video is that when posing couples to not let the guy put a hand in a pocket. Too casual and saying the wrong mesage.......unless the dad is the photographer then hands in pockets is the way to go.
11-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #14

Original Poster
C'mon, where's the cropped image?
It's coming. I now have a situation in which my main PC with LR isn't connected to the net but my laptop is, so i was taking care of that and now to bring that image over. Love the enthusiasm though!

QuoteOriginally posted by Johnyb3000 Quote
I am very bad, but trying to get better, at posing people. One tip I got from a youtube video is that when posing couples to not let the guy put a hand in a pocket. Too casual and saying the wrong mesage.......unless the dad is the photographer then hands in pockets is the way to go.
Precisely, I am the father.

To his credit, it was a cold day and it was already a couple of minutes till the sun wasn't watchable in the sky. It was cold for some reason.
11-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #15

Original Poster
Here it is
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo