Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wahclella Falls Oregon
Lens: 14 2.8 Camera: K5 Photo Location: CRG Oregon ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F11 

Hey Pentaxians. Constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated! If you could include an example, Thanks!

-Thank you, looking forward to your feedback!
Scott

Attached Images

12-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This image keeps holding my attention over a few days of occasional views. There is a strong feeling of intimacy conveyed here, and what is special is that you have accomplished this with a semi-abstract approach to the shot. I really feel like I'm in one of those Gorge hot springs looking out towards the falls. The stick in the middle of the frame helps focus my gaze. And the log across at the top adds more dimension. It all holds together quite well.

My constructive advice would be to rename the photo. People will tend to take it literally and then ask themselves what all this stuff is doing in the way. But the scene is richer, more meditative than that.

Nice work.

M
12-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
This image keeps holding my attention over a few days of occasional views. There is a strong feeling of intimacy conveyed here, and what is special is that you have accomplished this with a semi-abstract approach to the shot. I really feel like I'm in one of those Gorge hot springs looking out towards the falls. The stick in the middle of the frame helps focus my gaze. And the log across at the top adds more dimension. It all holds together quite well.

My constructive advice would be to rename the photo. People will tend to take it literally and then ask themselves what all this stuff is doing in the way. But the scene is richer, more meditative than that.

Nice work.

M
Thank you so much! I love your description of this photo. It really fits well. Thanks, I've never been to great at naming photos. ha ha So I think you're right, I will think of a name over night.

Thanks again for your constructive critique. Always looking for ways to be better!

-Scott