Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

couple of pictures
Lens: Sigma 70-200 F3.5 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Denver ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F3.5 

Thanks for looking and offering feedback if you wish. This photo is mother and son at the babies dedication service. (actually just one pic)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Ric; 12-25-2013 at 10:51 PM.
12-30-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Exactly what a shot of mother and child should be - well done.
12-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello
A nice photo of mother and baby. Nice tight framing. Sharp and a nice smile. I don't know the actual tones and colors, so I'm basing my suggestions on the image on my monitor. I noodled around a bit and came up with the image on the right. I softened the contrast, removed some of the blue caused by the flash, blurred and darkened the background more, bit of dodge and burn, brightened the hair,
removed hot spot on woman's cheek, removed flyaway hair on the woman and added a slight vignette. Posted it here. alternate edit on right of photo by Ric | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Just my 2 cents, you may disagree with my choices.
Regards
Greg
12-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
Ric
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
Exactly what a shot of mother and child should be - well done.
Hey thanks wildman. Sometimes a little bit of luck does the trick. Appreciate you looking and your kind comment.

Best regards

12-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
Ric
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gregory_51 Quote
Hello
A nice photo of mother and baby. Nice tight framing. Sharp and a nice smile. I don't know the actual tones and colors, so I'm basing my suggestions on the image on my monitor. I noodled around a bit and came up with the image on the right. I softened the contrast, removed some of the blue caused by the flash, blurred and darkened the background more, bit of dodge and burn, brightened the hair,
removed hot spot on woman's cheek, removed flyaway hair on the woman and added a slight vignette. Posted it here. alternate edit on right of photo by Ric | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Just my 2 cents, you may disagree with my choices.
Regards
Greg
Hello Gregory_51 thanks for the work you did editing. I like it. I also appreciate you saying what you did as I don't go much farther past the auto stuff on PSE 10 but need to do more. Grateful for your response and interest, BTW I grew up in Windsor have been to London many times.

Best regards