Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2014, 02:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by link81 Quote
I think it could be a keeper, a little Gaussian blur with a mask to fuzz out the face some more, and it might change the whole look.
That's a good idea !

02-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
This is one shot I really have a hate-love relationship with. One part of me want to print it but the other part thinks it's awful.

It's a pretty technically failed shot shot as I in the concert frenzy somehow really misjudged the DOF at F2.2 at the distance and only managed to get the headstock of the guitar in sharp focus, the smoke also blur the guitarist. At the same time I feel it brings something different and that it feels a bit natural with a sharp headstock braking through the smoke and becomes the main focus of the shot.

What do you think? Which part of my highly divided brain is right? Maybe my divided feeling actually points at it actually being an interesting shot.

Very cool shot. Too bad about the focus point really.
02-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Spotted this picture from the list of small previews, it's an eye catcher. I like this picture a lot.
What if to bring more "presence" and play with highlights to take off a bit attention from the focusing error?

02-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Spotted this picture from the list of small previews, it's an eye catcher. I like this picture a lot.
What if to bring more "presence" and play with highlights to take off a bit attention from the focusing error?
The right image is definitly better.

02-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #20
MSL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Spotted this picture from the list of small previews, it's an eye catcher. I like this picture a lot. What if to bring more "presence" and play with highlights to take off a bit attention from the focusing error?
I can spot a number of changes to the image that affect his head and neck, for example, but what stands out for me in the edited image is the texturing you've added to the fog which gives it a sense of motion. Hope you'll share more post-processing ideas in the future and you've got a good eye and skill set.
02-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
and you've got a good eye and skill set.
Wow... thanks! It means a lot, since I just started learning LR, struggling, but slowly getting used into.

Considering that it was a jpg file, I got an impression that there might be lots of potential in raw file, and the skilled editor can bring up much more.